Donations are accepted by the Orange County Veterans Memorial Committee for the benefit of and funding of construction of the Orange County Veterans Memorial. You may send your check to the Memorial Committee directly. Send your donation to:
- Orange County Veterans Memorial, Inc.
- 169 Boone Square St., #223
- Hillsborough, NC 27278
501(c)(3) Donation certifications
For corporate, estate, memorial, or other large donation requiring a 501(c)(3) recipient certification, the Orange County Veterans Memorial is an approved IRS 501(C)(3) organization.
The Memorial is also operating and building under the auspices of Orange County, a tax-exempt organization/fiscal sponsor. If desired or for donation matching funds, you may contribute via the Orange County Community Giving Fund.
- Sponsor Organization: Orange County, North Carolina.
- Make check payable to: Orange County, Community Giving Fund, for Veterans Memorial
- EIN: (Provided upon request Memorial Committee. Send inquiry to: email@example.com or contact Jeff Thompson (see Contact Person, below).)
- Mailing address: Financial Services, PO Box 8181, Hillsborough, NC 27278
- Contact Person: Steven Arndt
- E-mail Address of Contact Person: firstname.lastname@example.orgA copy of the IRS determination letter can be provided, upon request. Orange County is a Government entity
Matching Funds, other
All other donations, you may send your check to the Orange County Community Giving Fund. Please be sure to indicate you desires and that your check is made out to Orange County Community Giving Fund. Notate in memo field: Orange County Veterans Memorial.
|Send your check to:|
- Orange County Community Giving Fund
- Financial Services
- PO Box 8181, Hillsborough, NC 27278
Think about how you, as a veteran, private citizen, church, or corporation can support our mission. Please consider:
- A corporate sponsorship
- Memorial gift to recognize a family member or friend.
- An endowment
- Donating Real Property, stocks, and bonds
- A fundraising event at your church or fraternal group. Consider a bake sale or church supper.
- A cash donation
- A community service organization fundraiser to benefit the proposed memorial.
Most efforts by groups and organizations take time to organize and develop. Now is the time to bring the question up at your next meeting.
Tax information on donations
The Orange County Community Giving Fund is intended to be an encompassing fund for Orange County government, so donations can be given to any department or County-sponsored activity through this fund, which is managed by Orange County and SunTrust Bank. All gifts will be tax deductible and used for the purpose for which they are given and acknowledged as such. Additionally, this fund is a framework for receiving a variety of donations, whether it be cash, stocks, bonds, or real property.
In addition, the Orange County Veterans Memorial was determined exempt from federal income tax under Internal Revenue Code (IRC) Section 501(C)(3).